Click above for dates and information about the HeartSTART Wellness Series.
The Wellness Series enables you to make positive changes for improved health and wellbeing.
You will learn new and enjoyable ways to wellness. Wellness is about developing your health so that you can live, work and play with greater enjoyment and satisfaction.
Some of the best speakers in Bundaberg make presentations on key health topics:
Your health, your life and the power to choose
- How does lifestyle, genetics and health care interact
- Overcoming some barriers to health
Self-management – the key to improved heart health
- An overview of heart disease
- Changing the risk factors
Changing exercise into pleasure
Foods for your heart and enjoyment
- Heart healthy foods
- Good and bad fats and
- Omega 3 fats and fish oils
Using and knowing your medication
- Heart, lipid lowering and blood pressure medication
- How these drugs work
Using brain and body to reduce stress and overcome depression
- Living with stress
- Learning to cope with depression
Reshaping your life – keys to a junk free future
- How to have a garage sale of the baggage of life
- Using your strengths to achieve your goals
Ageing and health – retirement, meaning and memory
- Retirement, meaning and memory
- Maintaining the best function in body and mind as we age
The Wellness presentations are in the form of information, group discussion and exchange of ideas in responses to your needs and questions. The presentations will require your participation, but as a result you will be able to live in a more fulfilling and meaningful way.
Plan to attend all sessions.
For more information about HeartSTART please email Julie Soffe